Generally, each gym accessory has its purpose and benefits. Also, gym goers prefer accessories based on their category. A casually exercising gym goer may not need an accessory first. Why is because they spend the least time in the gym. Rather a competing gym goer or an athlete may have to choose a specialized gym accessory that supports their strenuous gym practices.
Are Knee Accessories Important?
A knee joint is the most complex joint. And the smallest bones in the human body make up this joint. Hence ensuring a healthy and functional knee despite heavy exertions is much significant. Thus, knee support accessories are the most important of all. Click here to learn more about the knee anatomy!
This article helps you understand what are knee sleeves and knee wraps. And how to choose the one that best suits your workout activities. Is it the knee sleeves or knee wraps? Let’s check…
(i) The Mechanism and Benefits of Knee Sleeves
- A knee compression sleeve helps prevent injury by creating a compression around the knee joints
- The tight compression develops heat which in turn increases the blood circulation
- Reduces swelling of knee joints
- Easy to slip it up to the knees just like one another sleeve
- Decreases pain after a workout
- Does not restrict your movement and instead increases mobility
(ii) Specifications of Knee Sleeves
- Made with the help of the advanced 3D knitting technology
- The Material used: Nylon and Spandex
- Ensures breathability, connectivity, and elasticity.
- Anti-slippery and durable
- Importantly, washable
- Comes in different thicknesses (like 5mm or 7mm)
Choose the right knee sleeve size for yourself. Remember your knee size does not proportionate with your height or weight.
(iii) Who can choose to buy Knee Sleeves?
Primarily for cross-fit gym rats. Also, suit athletes for running, diving, cycling, squash, basketball, tennis, and weight lifting.
(iv) Other Factors
Possibly, the only disadvantage of knee sleeves is - it is not suitable for individual who is already injured. They have to go for knee braces.
Look for knee braces and other knee accessories
(i) The Mechanism and Benefits of Knee Wraps
- Compression wrap for knee helps in energy storage and stability
- Provides extraordinary compression and keeps the structures in place
- Higher stability in spite of heavy loads or exertions
- The wrap tightens when you perform a downward movement. It ensures the storage of elastic energy or tension produced
- The wrap loosens when you perform an upward movement. It releases the stored energy enabling you to lift heavy objects
- Does not alter your movement or development of muscles
(ii) Specifications of Knee Wraps
- Perfect winding with excellent elastic material
- Breathable and durable
- Comes in customized sizes
- Doesn’t fall off from your knee or unroll
- Easy to adjust as it follows the hook & loop closure mechanism
(iii) Who can choose to buy Knee Wraps?
Competitive athletes, especially powerlifters can choose knee wraps without any further thoughts. Review studies claim that knee wraps increase your one rep max. Also used by bodybuilders.
Knee wraps are suitable for heavy workouts and experienced heavy lifters. And not for beginners who visit the gym just to stay active.
(iv) Other Factors
The heavy lifters use different methods of knee wrapping. The known methods include
- Sub X Method
- Spiral Method
- Cross Method
Learn the steps involved in knee wrapping!
By now, you know the in and out of knee sleeves vs knee wraps. And the major difference between knee sleeves and knee wraps. So, choose the right one and start protecting your knee joints! Before all, it is quintessential for you to consult your gym trainer or fitness expert. Why? They can vet your medical history and understand your fitness goals. Ultimately, suggest you with the best knee support.
Are any hot deals live for knee accessories? Yup, hurry up