Have you ever thought about why people hit the gym with a bag of workout apparel? A few carry ankle brace/straps, elbow sleeves, knee support sleeves, and workout gloves. While others bring waist belts, loop bands, and yoga mats. You may doubt whether they are really useful or if some freaks are wearing them just to show off. Truly, the answer may be both.
So, in this article, we will cover in detail the most misunderstood workout apparel - workout gloves. Yes, most gym instructors ask you not to wear a workout glove as it can spoil your natural grip. But did you know you can get a greater grip when the right glove is worn? Here we explain 5 prime reasons why you should wear a workout glove and how to choose the right one for you.
5 Reasons Why You Should Wear Workout or Gym Gloves
1. Provides wrist support
- Wrist support is essential for weightlifting and cross-workouts
- Olympic lifts like front squats and snatches require greater wrist support and thus, a workout glove is a must
- For heavy-weight lifters, workout gloves with high elastic wrist wraps are recommended to give more power and stability to the wearer
- Nowadays, gym wrist gloves come with adjustable wrist wraps to provide the best fit
2. Protects your palm
- If your style of workout has a higher tendency of tearing your hands, then you must wear a hand glove. Also, this helps prevent abrasions and blisters in your hands
- Some people experience calluses. Wearing a workout glove can help avoid such callus formation
- Moreover, sprains are usual in many workouts. Using a workout glove can prevent sprain by resisting the weight you handle
Have you heard of silicon printed Neoprene gloves? It offers higher resistance to overweight's!
3. Keeps your hand dry and breathable
- Gym workout gloves are made up of ultralight microfibers that ensure airflow
- This breathable fabric does not let your hands sweat while exercising or workouts
- Also, they are odor-free
4. Ensures comfort and durability
- Workout gloves are anti-slippery, lightweight, quick-dried, and long-lasting
- The right amount of padding protects your palm and gives an amazing cushion feeling
- Best workout gloves come with a honeycomb design to guarantee soft and non-slip comfy to the wearers
- Not all gym gloves are the same. Each workout glove is different in design, the material used and the purpose served
- Most workout gloves are suitable for both men and women. However, there are exclusive workout gloves for women However, you can check the size chart and then buy one for yourself
- Workout gloves are available for adults and teenagers as well
Before buying a workout glove, do check the below table. It tells about which workout glove suits which gym, fitness, or outdoor activity.
How to choose the right workout glove for yourself?
|Type of Workout Glove||Suitable For|
|Hook and loop strap workout gloves||Weight Lifting, Pull-ups, Dumbbells, Kettlebells, Bodybuilding, Calisthenics, Powerlifting|
|Gym gloves with wrist support||Weight lifting, Powerlifting, Cycling, Pull-ups, Yoga, Gym training, Rowing|
|Full Finger Riding Gloves||Motorcycle, Cycling, Driving, Hiking, Climbing, other outdoor activities|
|Half Finger Gloves||Climbing, Hiking, Driving, Biking, Motorcycle, Racing|
|Weight Lifting Gloves||Heavy Fitness Workouts, Weight Lifting, Cross Training, Powerlifting, Cross Training|
Now pick one from these best gloves for weightlifting>>>
Compare the above said benefits of workout gloves with their single disadvantage (affect your natural grip rarely). For sure, the pros seem to outweigh the cons. Thus, implying the importance of why you should wear a gym glove.