Best Gym Ball Exercises
People call this gymnastic ball by different names, like stability ball, swiss ball, exercise ball, or balance ball. Also, this is so special to regular gym goers as it can transform their boredom routine into a fun-filled one. Yes, apart from the benefits it offers in terms of back pain relief, pregnancy care, muscle strengthening, cardio endurance, etc., gym junkies look at it only from a fun perspective.
Benefits of Gym Ball Exercises
Listed below are some of the broad benefits of gymnastic ball exercises.
- It helps in attaining perfect balance and stability throughout the body, unlike other machines
- It is highly effective for those who return to the gym after an injury
- It equally focuses on both anterior and posterior muscles
- It prevents injuries as you can easily juggle between the ball exercises and does not involve sharp movements
- It is ideal for those beginning with workouts
Types of gym ball exercises
Firstly, there is no particular set of exercises that we can call the best for gym exercises. Second, the exercises can be categorized into specific types based on the purpose or the area of the body that they target (the back, stability, pregnancy, etc.) Listed below are the best gym ball exercises for the particular type mentioned.
Gym ball exercises for stability
Ball dead bug: Lie flat on the floor and hold the ball between your arms and legs, then brace the core, holding it with opposite hands and knees.
- Gym ball exercises for back pain
- Gym ball exercises for beginners
- Gym ball exercises for pregnancy
Do you know about the anti-burst gym ball?
It is a professional gym ball that is made up of premium-quality PVC material that can withstand a static weight of at least two thousand lbs. Also, this will only deflate slowly and not burst out like any other low-grade exercise ball. Moreover, it is designed ergonomically with anti-slip and durable properties.
- Can athletes use this?
Of course, sportspeople can include this gymnastic ball in their regular workout routines. It helps them gain more flexibility and increase their muscle coordination.
- What is a normal-sized gym ball?There is no one-size gym exercise ball that fits all individuals. People choose the diameter size based on their height. Those who are below 5 feet and 4 inches prefer a 55-cm ball. Those above this height prefer 65 cm. Realistically, most people will fall into the latter category and choose a gym ball 65cm.
- Can I use this for sitting instead of regular office chairs?
Experts say that using these gym balls for sitting in the office can improve your body posture and balance to a greater extent.